Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day

I happened to be on a short trip, had the radio on and heard Obama talking about Memorial Day.

He SOUNDED like he couldn't have been more bored or disinterested with it. He did his standard bla bla bla with the voice inflections in all the same places as he always puts them and was no doubt reading it off a prompter.

I couldn't have been more bored and unmoved by it. I thought of the incredible sacrifice of each and every service member when they are deployed and you'd have thought he could have kicked in another 500 bucks to the speech writer to at least pretend those people were in mind as he gave the speech.

Compared with this and many other posts made this weekend here and elsewhere around the Milblog-o-sphere, he sounded really pathetic.

LINK

I don't think he has a clue. I also don't think he gives a damn. I predict a significant lack of respect via lack of funding as long as he's in the White House.

Anyway, from me, a non-service member, nothing but love and respect for each of you who have put on a pair of boots for the USA.

No comments :

Post a Comment