Friday, September 18, 2009

Maybe it's Me

Maybe it is an effect of not looking at a lot of news, which I haven't been doing for a pretty good while now. If I don't look at all, I still find the big stuff drifts down to my corner of existence.

But; My view of the outside world is one that I would describe as a constant stream of Bullshit. I would say BS, but my sense of it is so strong that I can't water it down. Imagine Jeremiah Johnson coming down off the mountain and walking into LA.

From every advertisement on radio, to every book selling talk radio host and their book selling guests, to everything displayed on the TV, to any 'news' site, to 99% of any newspaper, to every attempt to explain why the market is either up down or stayed the same today, to why cats do what they do, to environmentalism, to health advice to the weather forecast over the next 24 hours. It's all bullshit. It's all meant to put a dollar in someone Else's' pocket. It's all BS. There, I've settled down a little.

Penn and Teller had/have a great gig with their cable show called Bullshit. Is it still on? I loved the one they did on recycling.

Here it is ! Lol ! LANGUAGE WARNING YO!



I may move to New Zealand. I'll tell ya one thing. I'm not going to work half a year to support a bunch of worthless Basteeerds. If it comes to it.

9 comments :

  1. some country singer has a song that says "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy." true true and true. unbelievable times we're in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That the sheep actually sorted garbage is priceless. They're so wanting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Dave, Yes Sir.

    Honestly, what would one be doing with lightly soiled toilet paper besides flushing ? ;)

    But it does bring up an interesting facet of society in America. SO many people are so willing to believe that people are responsible for what they also believe are all the world's ills. Let's not even get into Corporate America.

    I see land fills as good things.
    - They are used primarily to build golf courses on.
    - They mostly all now have methane gas taps where the gas is used to create electricity for the most part.
    - They return to the Earth what has been taken from it.
    - Plastic not biodegradable ? Take a plastic bag from the supermarket, bury it, come back in a couple years and see what's left.
    And as George Carlin says, if plastic si not biodegradable, the Earth needed plastic for itself and that's why he created us in the first place. Didn't know how to make it.

    How about we concentrate on millions of people starving or dying of extremely preventable diseases.

    Nope, gotta save the Fing planet first. Because that's something the libs can pretend that they actually accomplished. They fail miserably at things which can actually be measured for success and they desperately need a win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Labcat. I'm with ya on the crazy times.

    Things happen everyday these days that cause me to say Unbelievable.

    And I'm not easily surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Labcat - PS. Neat blog you have. I was going to leave a comment but I guess you know comments don't work.

    I hope you don't have any trouble with your land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't figure why my comments don't work. frustrating. maybe i'll figure it out soon. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Labcat, you might look at Customize-Settings-Comments.

    2nd item down is Who Can Comment.
    Mine is set to Anyone.

    I don't see anything else that would actually keep a comment from being taken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kid: I'm getting sick of the news more and more everyday, since Obummer got elected. His ugly, lying mug is all over it SO much, it's like a cancerous curse. I too have been thinking, WOW this country is turning into communist central, where could I go and move to if even 1/3 of the things he wants to get passed actually happens. Is New Zealand an actual viable alternative. I know most of Europe is screwed. God help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunni, I commented on your site. I'm going to start researching where to go.

    Everything that comes out of the Dems is a lie. How can people live like that ?

    ReplyDelete