Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Things I've Learned About Russia Watching Russian Driving Crash Videos

  • There are not many single family homes appearing in these vids but there are lots of big apartment buildings.  Plus the place looks pretty crappy all over.  Russians are not living well.
  • As noted in last blog post, Russians affix wheels with single lug nut and wheels often fly off car or truck at perfect moment
  • Russians are encouraged to turn left from right lane and turn right from left lane, especially when another car is beside and blocking them
  • Fun game to play for Russians is to try to fit car between two other vehicles when it is impossible to do so
  • Kids in US of A like to play beer pong, people in Russia like to chug 1/5th of Vodka and hit highway at high speed with eyes closed
  • Russian Females are not allowed to look for cars on road before crossing without being called cowards
  • Red light in Russia is considered greatest enemy and offense and many Russians put pedal to floor at sight of red light
  • One fun thing to do is perform U-turn on rural highway without looking while cars are traveling close by at 75 mph
  • Other fun thing to do is see how many pedestrians you can take out in a single day going through red lights at 90 mph or to see how close you come to them
  • Rear ends of cars and trucks must be really offensive to Russians because they smash into them constantly
  • When coming upon a railroad crossing with lights flashing, especially with loaded semi truck, challenge is cross tracks at slowest speed possible with speeding train in sight.
  • Favorite game of strength and bravery is to move into opposing lane on 2 lane rural highway and play chicken with other cars and semi trucks - survivors win great acclaim
  • When driving heavily loaded semi truck, it is greatest fun to see how fast you can take curves without tipping over
  • If snow and ice are on road Russians are encouraged to drive at fastest possible speed
I will say that Russians are very polite in that when they witness an accident most immediately offer assistance.

If you think I'm kidding !  Not for the easily disturbed at witnessing accidents.


All the Russian you will need to know is Suka Bylat.
Bylat, pronounced Bilyat or Blat is the F word and Suka = Bitch.
Finally, Russian music sucks.

30 comments :

  1. Not really surprising that most Russians are bad drivers. After all for the most part they have only been it for a few years. I remember seeing images of Red Square back in the '60's. The only time it was packed was on May Day---but even then it was only missile launchers and tanks. On a serious note---I lived close to Mexico City for some years and driving there was an absolute nightmare. Don't know much about Russian pop music but do like some of their classical composers like Rimsky-Korsakov. I can really fantasize about those Arabian Nights and the harem girls while listening to Scheherazade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, yea, the only stuff you hear on the Russian driving webcams is likely pop stuff. I also like the classical stuff from Russian artists.

      Delete
    2. Worst drivers in the world --- Saudis.

      I was terrified driving there and I'm a veteran of Boston traffic.

      Delete
    3. NTSB says Cincinnati and Boston are the most dangerous places to drive in the USA. I'll testify to Cincinnati. Never seen people more dysfunctional. Never dreamed people Could be this dysfunctional.

      Delete
    4. When was the last time any of you guys drove in Rome or Paris –– or on the Autobahn? YIKES!

      Delete
  2. Ron beat me to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7O1SKrCeu0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or better, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lEx0ytE_0

      Delete
    2. Good stuff ED. Haven't listened all the way through, but talented orchestras are wonderful things.

      Delete
    3. and listening to it and watching it be played takes me back to sitting at my dad's knees as he explained it to me. I am overwhelmed.

      Delete
    4. Ed, yea, LOTS of talent there.

      Delete
  3. Peter and the Wolf.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7m9i70JDg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say, I say, I say...That's a joke, son, that's a joke!

      Delete
    2. Ed,
      Peter and the Wolf! Nostalgia flowing here.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There'd certainly be less fatalities DaBlade.

      Delete
    2. It's called prodigious amounts of vodka.

      Delete
    3. Cube, that's got to be a bunch of it. I mean if you can't see a semi in front of you..

      Delete
  5. Huh? i wrote a long well thought out post.... it disappeared..... fuck it.... I don't have the strength to try again. Piss me off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMP. Blogger is a bitch, A Suka Bylat in fact. Write your comment in some other medium and copy it before submitting. I swear I do that any time I write more than a sentence. I write up the comment in gmail or some other email client, the if blogger pukes it up like a radiated furball, I still have it. That's unless Z steals it from me and doesn't give it back.

      Using my ESP abilities, I will guess you were about to comment about my supreme blogging skills while simultaneously agreeing that Russians can't drive a car any more than they can cross the street safely.

      Delete
    2. Yes.... something like that and a country that's completely drunk and really a third world country acting like they were first world cause it's raining Mitsubishis and Honda and BMW 's for them to constantly lose Conroe of?

      Delete
    3. IMP, I swear that watching these videos actually makes me think for maybe 5 minutes that people in Cincinnati can drive.. Slightly helpful.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. C-CS, some of it really is pretty damn funny, but there are the pure brutal obviously fatal moments.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. That Australian stuff is tame PG13 stuff compared to the Ruskies. And the Russian one is tame compared to most of the ones I've seen. Plug in Channel Crash or Best4Fun or Car Crash Compilation. Some brutal stuff there befitting the dialogue in my post.

      Delete
  8. " will say that Russians are very polite in that when they witness an accident most immediately offer assistance."

    That's nice, but what I would like to know is this:

    Will they offer to pay for your medical expenses, if they injure you –– or your burial, if they kill you?

    How far would they be willing to go to support your widow and your orohaned children, and for how long?


    ]:^}>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it FT. Whatever the insurance offers is likely it, same as here. But I don't see people pulling over here after witnessing an accident either so there is that.

      And over in Mother Russia, I've seen cars get hit or hit another car and just keep going. I don't think Russians are particularly sensitive to dings on their cars.

      Delete