Thursday, February 16, 2012

Capcha Code, PS and *^%%$%$^%#$R !!!!

.
.
It Appears New Blogger Does NOT have a way for you to turn off Word Verification / Capcha Code Entry for Comments.


And I see the same advice being given as recent as January/2012.

Most Unfortunately, "Old Blogger Interface" is no longer an option in this select list.  How Special.  But give it a try.  Quickly stated, Click on Design, then Click on the Gear Icon.  If 'Old Blogger Interface' does not appear in the list as it does Not appear in mine, then you apparently have no control over your commenters having to deal with the evil Capcha Code.  If it does appear then follow the instructions to turn that sucker off if you want to of course.

Fortunately for me, I've never required the code, so no need for me to have to reset.  For the people who do require a code and decide they don't want to anymore, You are out of luck until Google Blogger Provides a Means for You To Do So.  Can you tell I'm unhappy about this?

Contact Google and let them know they need to provide a means to turn this garbage off.
If you want to of course.
.
.


10 comments :

  1. Holy crap! No code is required on mine, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy, No, you're good. As am I since I did not have word verify turned on when blogger went with new blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! Thanks for checking (and for the fab comment, hee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need for catcha when I moderate each and every comment. Let the non-human posters just TRY to get one past me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kid:
    Thanks for leaving the note about this over at TCL. I couldn't find a way to get rid of it in the new Blogger, so I did some Googling around (should have come here first). Luckily, I still can get my old Blogger dashboard, so it was an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opus, I'd say that is the 2nd best option. And I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TCL, Thank you ! Wonder why I can't get mine? Maybe because I don't have that setting on?

    Rhetorical Q's

    Anyway, I've been thinking about posting how good the google spam catcher is for a while now and the Capcha pushed me over the edge. Geeez, I can't read those things when I'm Sober !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The remains of a 1.5 mile-wide, 10 billion-ton meteorite are causing problems for a small Iowa town, 74 million years after it crashed onto the Earth's surface at 45,000 miles per hour.
    while the Manson Crater meteorite wasn't enough to wipe out the dinosaurs (it hit Earth nearly 10 million years prior), it nonetheless had a comparable effect on prehistoric Iowa. The impact is said to equal 10 trillion tons of TNT, resulting in an electromagnetic blast that incinerated anything within 130 miles and wiped out all life within 650 miles of the blast.

    Yahoo News/Blog....Read More/See Graph

    ReplyDelete
  9. They Say, Interesting. That's a new one on me. Can we get a small one to do Washington DC? Maybe if we all concentrate real hard like those Indian people who group levitate.

    ReplyDelete