Monday, June 27, 2016

Humility and Thanks, The Paul Revere Award

Under my personal image now resides the Paul Revere Award for this blog.  What a surprise but an honor too.  I'll probably move it down later on.

Short story.  Back when I was working for a package software company, they had this associate partner and partner program. At one point I was made an Associate Partner, which was a surprise, then a couple years later, was invited into the Corporate Partner group.  The owner and CEO of this company (Tom) explained to me that there is no additional compensation, this is just recognition for excellence in my job performance which included testimony from all the clients I worked with, and most of the coworkers.

There is a dinner to invite new associates and partners into these groups. At the partner dinner, when it was my turn to speak to the partners and associates attending, I had the following to say.

Well, Tom tells me that there isn't any additional compensation associated with being a partner.  He wasn't just telling Me that was he?   (laugh) Well anyway, one wonders why they would want to be part of such a group as it surely alludes to more work for no extra compensation and then why would someone want to be a partner? Tom also told me that all of you, many of you I've had the chance to work with on various projects, but all of you that I respect regardless apparently voted unanimously to induct me into your group.  There is value in that beyond which I can describe at the moment.  Thank you all.

To all of you who voted me into this Paul Revere Blog Award, I can only tell you that I feel the same now as I did then. Thank you.  I hope you will continue to enjoy my hack ramblings.

16 comments :

  1. It's a small group, but we're plucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Euripides. Small or large doesn't matter, it is the thought that counts.

      Delete
  2. Congrats!

    Full disclosure: I voted for you -- along with a few others whose blogs I frequent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren is on hiatus (his wife being very, very ill), and I don't know how to put my 2016 award in my sidebar. **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, AOW. Warren is such a mainstay I know. I'm sure I could use some of his expert assistance, myself, right now.

      It's such a pity about his wife. There's so much undeserved bad luck in the the world it shoes your faith at times, doesn't it?

      But that's when we need our faith most.

      Praying for YOUR speedy return to good health too.

      Delete
    2. FT,
      Warren's wife suffers so much -- more than anyone else I've ever known.

      Delete
  4. So glad I am able to get back here after a week of HELL trying to adjust to a new computer [still very much a work in progress] to CONGRATULATE you, KID.

    Gaining appreciative recognition from obeys peers is probably one of the greatest joys we could experience.

    If I'd known how to vote for you, I would have, believe me.

    CHEERS!

    FT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FT, Thanks much. I didn't even know voting was occurring or I'd have voted for every blog I read, which aren't many, though surely many are deserving.

      Delete
  5. Hey! This must be a really special place to receive an honor like that. Glad I dropped in. I'll be back soon. Take care.

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, Thanks. Well, this is no special place. Just a conservative spewing or rambling on from time to time. If you come back I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete