Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Man Song, Classical Version

The Crystal Ship




The Words start at mark 0.41

Before you slip into unconsciousness
Id like to have another kiss
Another flashing chance at bliss
Another kiss, another kiss

The days are bright and filled with pain
Enclose me in your gentle rain
The time you ran was too insane
Well meet again, well meet again

Oh tell me where your freedom lies
The streets are fields that never die
Deliver me from reasons why
Youd rather cry, Id rather fly

The crystal ship is being filled
A thousand girls, a thousand thrills
A million ways to spend your time
When we get back, Ill drop a line

- The Doors

8 comments :

  1. gorgeous!
    my favorite clip was the venice carnival masks.no offense,but that's life;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impossible for me to take offense at anyone speaking their mind like a gentleman or a lady.

    Yes, lots of good images there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I think my favorite is the white statue set of the man cradling the woman with the bare breasts near the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the piano! Statue was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kid that was awesome, I'm so glad you found this. I just loved the Doors. There will NEVER be another Jim Morrison. That piano was wonderful. The white statue at the end looked like a headstone sculpture. Is that his do you think? I know he's resting in France.
    RIP Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bunni, Glad you liked it.
    Yes, the Doors were one of maybe 5 or 6 bands who reached the pinnacle. In my mind that would be: The Doors, Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Grateful Dead(not my cup of tea but wildly popular still) and Clapton's bands - Blind Faith, Cream, Derek and the Dominos..

    All the rest were most definitely subordinate.

    The Doors were in a category of their own, which has never been surpassed. When I was 15-18 we would race the country roads of http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blackburn+road,+sewickley+PA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.244827,83.144531&ie=UTF8&ll=40.548244,-80.143976&spn=0.04748,0.081196&t=p&z=14 Sewickley Heights (million $ mansions and twisty roads with no cops) listening to(blasting) the Doors and drinking whiskey.

    Every serious rock band since has tried to imitate the Doors. Nirvanna for example. None made it.

    Jim did have a Roman look about him for sure. Hell, he had a Roman everything about him. I don't know about the statue.

    ReplyDelete